Saturday, December 30, 2006

Finding out you are pregnant with twins...

Most women who become pregnant with twins cannot tell the difference between a singleton pregnancy and a twin pregnancy in the very beginning. For me, after about 2-3 months I could tell a difference in the size and rate I was growing. I knew there was something different about this time than my other two pregnancies. I felt different, I had twice the nausea and it lasted twice as long, too. I thought at first that maybe it was from this being my third pregnancy or me being a little bit older, but I also had that mothers intuition. When my midwife told me I was doubling in size, I knew something was up. Sure enough it was confirmed by ultrasound at 16 weeks that I was having boy/girl twins. What a wonderful feeling that was!

I had no idea what was in my future...

No comments: